Careers at Takoda
Takoda at American Indian OIC is a culturally-rich work environment that employs workers in administrative, finance, program, and maintenance positions. We seek dynamic, motivated members to join our team. Health, dental, retirement, and time-off benefits are provided to employees.
Takoda at American Indian OIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. We prohibit discrimination against employees or applicants for employment on any color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law legally-recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race,
Seeking: Americorps Opportunity Navigators (2 positions)
Opportunity Corps members volunteer one year making a difference in the lives of individuals with multiple barriers to employment and economic self-sufficiency. As an Opportunity Navigator, you will help program participants one-on-one and in group settings set education and career goals, overcome barriers to goal success, increase their employability, find gainful employment/experience related to their field of study, and ultimately strengthen their financial stability.
● Support participant in ongoing development of individualized career and/or education plan.
● Conduct interests and skills assessments and identify clear employment or education goals, while identifying barriers and their solutions.
● Provide support in one-to-one settings as needed for success.
● Track progress of plan and supports while facilitating advancement and career progression.
● Link support services, education/training providers, career and industry information, and experiential opportunities, including internships, practicums, employment, etc.
● Liaison between the participant and the systems they are accessing.
● Work collaboratively with “service team” members, such as education providers, social services, industry representatives, and employers.
● Attend required Global Career Development Facilitator training and other required training throughout the year.
● Assist with statewide preparedness for, response to, and recovery from disasters which includes supporting schools and communities in disaster relief activities related to COVID-19 closures and social distancing procedures.
● Attend service site-sponsored activities to represent Opportunity Corps.
● Support program participants in finding volunteer opportunities and connecting the experience to career and employment goals.
● Recruit and coordinate volunteers to support participants in their employment activities.
● Research prospective employers and/or training pathways and identify the potential for matching them with program participants.
Overall Position Requirements & Qualifications
● Must be 18 years of age, a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien, and a high school graduate (or equivalent).
● Willingness to commit to a full term of service, 40 hours/week. Hours must be completed within 11 months of start date.
● Demonstrated English proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
● Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Experience with professional computer skills and confidence using computers. Comfort and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), completing internet searches and navigating resources online, completing data entry, experience with using e-mail regularly, including sending attachments, comfort with database and software use, and experience with using videoconferencing software and attending training online.
● Desire to affect systems change at the ground level; ability to connect the small details to the bigger picture.
● Ability to build relationships and work with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
● Access to regular, reliable transportation.
● Must pass mandatory program background checks.
● Must not have served four or more prior terms of service with AmeriCorps State or National.
● A stipend of $750 paid every two weeks
● Up to $6,345 for tuition and student loans
● Federal student loan forbearance and interest repayment
● Individual health insurance- monthly premium 100% covered
● Childcare assistance- based on family income and size