Frequently asked questions
Do I need to apply for loans to attend classes?
No. We do not ask anyone to apply for personal, State, or Federal loans.
How likely am I to find a job after?
Very. Most students who enroll in a Takoda Institute training report finding employment within 60 days of completion.
How diverse is the student population?
Students at Takoda come from all backgrounds and ethnic backgrounds. Here is a snapshot of 2017’s student demographic:
- American Indian or Alaska Native: 49%
- Black or African American: 34%
- White: 13%
- Asian/Pacific Islander: 3%
- Hispanic/Latino: 2%
Are there evening or online learning options classes?
GED/ABE has many options for distance, part-time and some evening classes, however, most Takoda Institute classes do not have evening or distance learning options but, there are part-time options.
Is there childcare?
We do not offer onsite child care but we do have resources for our students who need to make childcare arrangements.
- First, you will sign up online to attend an enrollment session
- Next, meet with the registrar to complete paperwork and submit required documents.
- Next, you will meet with a financial aid representative to determine your eligibility for grants and scholarships.
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) to determine your academic readiness.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the TABE, you’ll attend the Welcome Event where you’ll meet your fellow classmates.
- Begin classes!