Food Resources

Personal assistance to access food supports

If you are struggling with food access, Takoda can help you apply for SNAP benefits. SNAP is the commonly used acronym that stands for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. The benefits are also widely referred to as ‘food stamps.’ SNAP provides qualifying individuals and families with financial support to purchase fresh produce, meats, frozen foods, dairy, and dry goods. Takoda offers community members one-on-one assistance applying for SNAP so that basic needs can be met.


The SNAP application process takes 15-30 minutes and eligibility depends on factors like household size, household income, and ability status. A monthly SNAP “award” is up to $194 for a household of one person making $1,700 or less per month. Depending on eligibility, SNAP benefits can be accessed for up to three months every three years for one’s lifetime. For people who don’t qualify for SNAP, Takoda staff can connect you to other resources like food shelves, community meals, and food distribution events.


SNAP assistance is provided through an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. The card can be discreetly used like a debit card at participating stores. Clients generally receive their EBT card within 30 business days of the submission of their SNAP application.


Click here to schedule an appointment with Takoda’s SNAP coordinator.

Submit the form to get started

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


Mail:  U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

Fax: (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.